Sunday, August 22, 2010

Something blue?


I've heard the phrase somewhere but I've never quite understand what does it mean. Then it was uttered by nanny Fine in The Nanny during her wedding day. She went panic when she didn't have something old something new, something borrowed something blue. By then I get it that the phrase has something to do with wedding. But what exactly is still unclear.

Lo and behold, I met the phrase again on my 7Gypsies wedding rub on. I didn't notice it before. It was accidentally that I made a blue wedding card for I want to use the blue heart shaped bead. Then I saw the phrase, I was like 'Hey, perfect!'. Naturally being a curious person, I decided to google it up. So, it was actually a modern tradition in the customs of British wedding. It is considered as good luck for brides to wear or carry 'something old something new, something borrowed something blue'. Ok, so nanny Fine married the handsome brit Maxwell Sheffield. In her case, the something blue was an old earring given by Val which she actually borrowed from Fran sometime ago but never return it yet. Lol. Get it? It was old, it was newly returned, it was borrowed and it was blue. Haha.

Ah well, you could read more on the phrase here and here.


2 comments:

aryuelz said...

oooo...camtu ke kisahnya,baru paham,hehe..err, so whats ur old-new-borrowed-blue thing ni wak? =p

btw, cun la kad nie, suke bendalah background belakang ros gulung tu,eksotik..hehe =)

~maiefa said...

hehe. i don't know. borrow to me something la! ;)

haah, cun kan patterned paper tu. i like too.

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com