Friday, August 27, 2010


All the other colors are just colors, but purple seems to have a soul. Purple is not just a noun and an adjective but also a verb -
when you look at it, it's looking back at you.
~Uniek Swain


Ngee hee. Forgive me for obsessing with purple then. Who is this Uniek Swain by the way? I've a habit of checking out who's the owner of every quote I found. I just want to know more about them and what inspires them. But this one dude is nowhere to be found. Even on wiki, though he's quoted all over the net. Hmm.

Anyway, this is quite a simple card. Basically I used white cardstock, American Crafts patterned paper, mauve grossgrain ribbon, computer generated 'happy birthday' wish, purple beads, round purple button and bright pink eyelets. Yey, I love the eyelets colour! It's where I stuck the ribbon through.


Oh, I found a new use of the tracing wheel. The one we used to trace pattern for sewing. Well, I run it over the front a few times to create a dashed pattern. Make sure to place a cutting mat or a piece of thick paper inside the card first to avoid hitting the inside.


I had a clumsy moment with the ribbon. Hehe. When I managed to fold it nicely in shape, I had to let go one hand to reach for the glue and there goes my ribbon. So I find it easier to use double sided tape. Cut a few ready on hands. Ha!

This week's card is posted a bit early since it's holiday today for Nuzul Quran. So, I am all energetic to finish a card after sahur and take pictures. I'm so happy that I don't have to grudgingly dragged myself to work today. Hehe. Have a happy weekend everyone!

0 comments:

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com