Saturday, May 22, 2010

Daddy's girl

I am a daddy's girl. I believe most girls are. He is the first man in our life after all. Our first hero.

So it was my father's birthday yesterday. 61 years old yet he still looks as handsome as ever. At least to me. Hehe.

This time, I try to make a cheery colourful card for him. The base is light purple cardstock and I kind of mix and match a few elements in this card. Ribbons, foam, caption label and corrugate paper. Experimenting? Every cards are ;)

Caption label are really great. Now not only different type of fonts are available, but they also include symbols and numbers. There's also different colours of label available. But black suits just anything. The cake and the wish was cut out from a wrapping paper. So is the colourful round pattern paper. So never throw away any left over of wrapping papers. Even little scraps of left over from the other cards you've made is bound to be useful someday.

Beautiful ribbons! Sometimes ribbons is all you need. Not so expensive and very useful. See the black ribbon with gold circle, it's given by my good friend. She got it from a wedding's goodie bag and she knows I like this kind of stuff. I'm a left over junkie I guess. I practically keeps everything. Hehe.

Finally I got to use the new rub on. Weee! It's the 'love you' wording. Rub on a gold coloured paper. I can't wait to use the others. Really easy with awesome result. The gold paper was mounted on a black foam before I paste it on the card with the rest of the embellishment.

It certainly was a night of celebration. The family went out to the new A&W restaurant. It's not so often that my father appreciate fast food compared to proper home cooked meal. But he did last night. Happy birthday Ayah! =)

2 comments:

aryuelz said...

ish2 anak ayah sorg nie =p

wah byknye bende awk mix n match kn..cun2,really surprised me, hehe..

hepi birthday pakcik..lenkali leh suruh ifa blanje float lg eh =p

~maiefa said...

hehe. mekasih..mekasih.

lenkali encik menantu le plak blanje float=p

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com