Sunday, May 16, 2010

Salute to Teachers

So today is Teacher's Day and it's the last year of my mother as a teacher. I'm always proud that my mother is a teacher and I believe that most of the things I did today is influenced by her. She teaches Integrated Living Skills majoring in cooking and sewing. That's where I got my passion for art and card making I guess. She teaches me well.

Just like I mentioned last time, I am in possession of a few new art tools. It's been really fun experimenting in this card. I'm using my new clear stamps which is Prima Collage stamps diana and Prima Collage stamps ticker. The rest is available stuff in my collection. The base is dark brown cardstock.


That's the collage diana stamped with Brilliance 3 color pigment inkpad in Peacock. Lovely aren't they? The colour is both excellent and shimmery. I'm keen on buying more of Brilliance inkpad in other combination of colours.

That's the collage ticker stamped using the same colour. Both were stamped on an off white shimmering paper. I wrote the word 'teacher' using a black ink pen. They do look like rub ons huh. But no, it's hand written and I must say it's a bonus I can write symmetrically. Hehe.

Then all the pieces were assembled like in the image. On the bottom right I added a strip of seaweed green colour structured paper punched with leaf pattern showing the beneath same structured paper but in different shade of green. Then I added some flower shaped beads on the top right corner.

So here's to you mother. Happy teacher's day! =)

2 comments:

aryuelz said...

what a 'fun' card =)

tula, pandai Puan Saudah mendidik =p

~maiefa said...

indeed! hehe=)

urm, Puan Siti Fatimah pun =p

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com