Wednesday, February 4, 2009


Nice and small


I suddenly had this gazillion ideas with beads during a visit to an old bazar which is famous at my hometown. This one particular shop has a vast choice of beads and buttons which makes my head spinning with ideas and I had to stop myself from buying the whole lot of them. Hehe. So I got myself a packet of pale gold, dark grey and pearl white. I'm planning to buy the deep red colour this evening to use in a new card ordered by my regular customer=)

This time I'm making 10.4x7.4 card which is suitable as a gift card to attach on presents, wedding gifts, flower bouquets and such.

This is the first design. Quite simple as I'm still experimenting. I'm using patterned paper (Egyptian) and the pale gold and pearl white beads. The beads were hand sewn and it's like an addiction to sew them. I did it in just 5 minutes!=p

Here comes the second design and this time I arranged them in a cluster of four. I think this design looks much more elegant than the first one. This one took ten minutes=p

I used the card on a wedding gift to a friend's wedding recently. Inside I pasted beige colour paper for writing personal wish. Doesn't it look nice? =)

4 comments:

aryuelz said...

urm..never thought that beads can be sewn on paper,hehe..very nice dear =) its an ordinary yet exquisite piece,hihi...

p/s: u should mention its 5 minutes-done n while you're on the phone,haha =p

~maiefa said...

~o(*_*)o~ thank you!


p/s: yup, 5 minutes of sewing while 'bergayut' with u..thanks to handsfree!..hehe

terrylan said...

nice art! keep it up!

terrylan

~maiefa said...

thanks! will do ;)

 
template by suckmylolly.com flower brushes by gvalkyrie.deviantart.com